Friday, August 17, 2012

My Hypomanic Morning

Okay...this morning I am extremely hypomanic. Here is what has happened so far:

3:00 AM - got up half asleep and ran full speed into a wall. (Thanks, Kool-Aid guy, for putting that in my head in the 1970's. Bastard.)
3:30 AM - woke right up and realized I need to go shopping for groceries.
3:45 AM - walked to the SuperValu at 1st and Commercial. It's open 24 hours. Did a week's worth of grocery shopping.
4:45 AM - arrived home by cab and unloaded the groceries. I decided that dinner should be made while the weather is cool.
5:00 AM - preheated the oven and make enchiladas, while ripping CDs from the library on my computer.
5:30 AM - made pancakes for the family for when they get up, and boiled a dozen eggs for potato salad.
6:00 AM - cleaned the cat's litter box, and put out the recycling.
6:15 AM - first kid got up and ate pancakes.
6:30 AM - I took my daily medication and ate breakfast.
7:00 AM - my wife got up and I started talking to her really, really fast.
7:15 AM - I took a half milligram of Clonazepam (a sedative) which will hopefully slow me down today.
7:30 AM - I blogged about it.

During all of this I think of inventions. Like - why don't they put transducers under concrete pavement at airports and bus stops so that they will generate electricity when vehicles are on them? Why do we use peg boards in shops to stay organized, but not in kitchens? Why don't they make bags with silica dessicant inside so that you can dry wet things while camping? Why don't they make tents that are also backpacks, so that you don't have to carry a tent when backpacking - you just unfold the backpack?

Anyhow, I am rambling - I also do that when I am hypomanic. I hope you all have a fabulous day - I promise my next post will be more thought out and less manic.

Tip: If you are bipolar, learn to recognize the signs of impending hypomania, so you can reduce the impact on friends and family.

No comments: